01. What Makes Us Different?
- The extensive use of 3D software to produce graphical 3D Models of our designs, enabling clients, planners and the public to visualise them more easily.
- Each of our designs are unique, tailored and tested to meet the client’s need.
- We undertake any or all of the architect’s roles from appraisal, concept development, outline and detailed design stages to Tendering and Managing the Building Contract to A full Service covering all of these aspects remains the best value.
- We provide clear fee proposals which detail all the services we will provide for the agreed fee; this is contained in the RIBA’s Architects Professional Services Contract 2020.
- We listen carefully to our clients to provide a design to meet their needs based upon the restrictions of the site and local planning policy. We start by developing a brief for the project, this is then refined and tested throughout the design process.
- We have a wide range of experience over a large variety of building types.
- NC Architects are able to provide BIM services and have developed our own CVC (Collaborative Virtual Construction) to produce accurate 3D construction models.
02. Why Work With Us?
- Experience – We have over 50 years experience in a range of sectors and building types from restoration of listed buildings to innovative new build, including Factory/Office complexes. We are capable of working on all types of Commercial or Industrial Works from £0.5m to multi million pound developments of up to a single project limit of £10-12m. We are based near to Swindon and close to the M4 and the A419
- We are an RIBA Chartered Practice and operate a Continuing Professional Development programme for all our staff, keeping up-to-date on all core subjects, materials and techniques & legal and other relevant regulatory arrangements.
- We encourage every client to adopt a low-energy and sustainable-materials strategy as part of their design to keep future operating and maintenance costs to a minimum for the lifetime of your project.
- We usually operate as the project Architect and Lead Consultant at the head of a team of other consultants who we trust and who match our own Standards. This usually includes:
- A Quantity Surveyor controlling the cost plan
- A Civil Engineer who deals with drainage, transport matters and access arrangements
- A Structural Engineer who designs floors, structural frame and provides calculations for Building Regulation applications
- Health & Safety advisors to advise the client on their duties under the CDM Regulations
On more complex projects
- Mechanical & Electrical Engineers may be required to look at all internal plant to make sure it is properly coordinated and fit for purpose.
- Landscape Architects will be required on New build projects.
- We carry Professional Indemnity Insurance Cover adequate for the size of projects we work on.
- Our staff are always prepared to go the extra mile to sustain a good working relationship.