Learn More About Us
NC Architects have adapted to government advice regarding Covid-19 by closing our offices and adopting Microsoft teams to allow all our staff to safely work from home. In addition to being able to meet virtually with Clients, local authorities, consultants, and contractors, we have been able to minimise the impact on our client’s projects by embracing the sharing of our fully modelled designs and information across the whole team. It is likely that the “as yet unknown” effects of the pandemic will continue to affect the way we work. We shall continue to adapt our processes as necessary to deal with this.
We comprise of a well-balanced team of:
Working In Partnership With Our Clients
NC Architects take pride on their longstanding working relationships with the Dick Lovett Group since 1976/77 and Abbey Homes PLC, We have also undertaken works for Multivac (UK) Limited, M K Dogar Limited, Patheon, Preymesser Logistics, Taylor Wimpey, Hills Homes, The Carey Group, Panther Group PLC & for Galliford Try Homes.
Our Architectural Projects
A variety of Dealerships from Aston Martin in Bristol, Ferrari in Swindon, JLR in Melksham, BMW Mini, Melksham & Separate BMW & Mini centres in Swindon in addition to 4 Porsche Centres at Tewkesbury, Bristol, Swindon & Cardiff
Residential developments & Masterplanning
Examples at Oxford, Milton Keynes, Cambridge, Ashstead, Black Notley, St Albans and Priory Vale North Swindon
Commercial and Industrial Developments
Patheon, Multivac, Preymesser, Tyco Electronics.
01. What Makes Us Different?
- The extensive use of 3D software to produce graphical 3D Models of our designs, enabling clients, planners and the public to visualise them more easily.
- Each of our designs are unique, tailored and tested to meet the client’s need.
- We undertake any or all of the architect’s roles from appraisal, concept development, outline and detailed design stages to Tendering and Managing the Building Contract to A full Service covering all of these aspects remains the best value.
- We provide clear fee proposals which detail all the services we will provide for the agreed fee; this is contained in the RIBA’s Architects Professional Services Contract 2020.
- We listen carefully to our clients to provide a design to meet their needs based upon the restrictions of the site and local planning policy. We start by developing a brief for the project, this is then refined and tested throughout the design process.
- We have a wide range of experience over a large variety of building types.
- NC Architects are able to provide BIM services and have developed our own CVC (Collaborative Virtual Construction) to produce accurate 3D construction models.
02. Why Work With Us?
- Experience – We have over 50 years experience in a range of sectors and building types from restoration of listed buildings to innovative new build, including Factory/Office complexes. We are capable of working on all types of Commercial or Industrial Works from £0.5m to multi million pound developments of up to a single project limit of £10-12m. We are based near to Swindon and close to the M4 and the A419
- We are an RIBA Chartered Practice and operate a Continuing Professional Development programme for all our staff, keeping up-to-date on all core subjects, materials and techniques & legal and other relevant regulatory arrangements.
- We encourage every client to adopt a low-energy and sustainable-materials strategy as part of their design to keep future operating and maintenance costs to a minimum for the lifetime of your project.
- We usually operate as the project Architect and Lead Consultant at the head of a team of other consultants who we trust and who match our own Standards. This usually includes:
- A Quantity Surveyor controlling the cost plan
- A Civil Engineer who deals with drainage, transport matters and access arrangements
- A Structural Engineer who designs floors, structural frame and provides calculations for Building Regulation applications
- Health & Safety advisors to advise the client on their duties under the CDM Regulations
On more complex projects
- Mechanical & Electrical Engineers may be required to look at all internal plant to make sure it is properly coordinated and fit for purpose.
- Landscape Architects will be required on New build projects.
- We carry Professional Indemnity Insurance Cover adequate for the size of projects we work on.
- Our staff are always prepared to go the extra mile to sustain a good working relationship.
Meet Our Key Personnel
Rob Mills ACIAT
Rob joined the team in 1998 and has been involved in all the technical aspects of construction in the business. He is an Associate member of CIAT and has gained a vast amount of experience over the years. He now holds a role on the Board of Directors to assist with all aspects of managing the company.
Andrew Wakefield Dip Arch RIBA
Andrew joined the team in 1998 and has an extensive background in residential house building and is responsible for managing the planning and Design of the firms schemes for large and small house builder clients. Andrew has over 35years experience in Architecture & is competent in the use of Revit.
Derek joined the team in 1977 and has over 35 years experience in the technical aspects of residential construction. He has considerable expertise in Revit and has been in charge of the firms strategic working practices & staff training for many years.
Nick joined the team in 2006 as an architectural technician and over his time with the company has become a project manager & one of the leading Revit users within the firm. He is responsible for all future advancements within our design process and is in charge of all graphical material including company produced CGI’s and drawing content.
Ruth joined the team in 2014 as a junior architectural technician while studying construction and the built environment at Swindon college. Now she has completed her course and gained valuable experience in technical design with a good expertise in Revit. Ruth also oversees general office management and valiantly tries to keep the rest of the team in check!